Our Faith Statement
We are a growing community of people who believe that the Bible is true and timeless in its application to our lives. The core of our beliefs is summarized in the following three time categories:
We believe that Jesus, the God-man, died for our actions that violate the laws of God (sin). He was buried and on the third day arose never to die again. We believe that God planned Jesus’ death as His way to satisfy His penalty declared against our sins.
We believe that Jesus is the sustainer of all life. He answers our prayers, cares for our daily needs and gives us purposeful meaning in life as we move toward eternal life with Him.
We believe that all who repent of their sins and trust Jesus to take them to Heaven, based on His finished work on the cross, will enjoy eternal life with God.
How To Have Peace With God
- Admit that you are a sinner and that you have offended Holy God by breaking His laws. Repent of your sins, that is, sincerely regret them and turn from them. Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Luke 13:3: “. . . unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.”
- Accept that because you sinned you owe God a debt that you cannot pay. Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death.” Just as there are wages for good, there is punishment for wrong doing. The penalty for sin is eternal separation from God in hell.
- Believe that Jesus died in your place to pay your sin debt to God. Romans 5:8: “But God proved His love for us in that while we were sinners Christ died for us.” Jesus died as our substitute and paid our debt to God in full. God accepted Jesus’ death on our behalf and will forgive us and accept us into His family as soon as we repent of our sins and trust Jesus as our Savior and Lord.
- Decide to trust Jesus alone to be your Savior and pray to receive God’s free gift of eternal life. Faith in Jesus, not good works or religious actions, saves. Ephesians 2:8, 9: “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works so that no one can boast.” Romans 10:13: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 6:23: “. . . but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. Jesus is Lord God. He is the Almighty. Romans 10:9, 10: “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
May we help you word a prayer? Just saying these words will not save you. However, if the Holy Spirit is drawing you to Jesus (John 6:44) and you have decided to trust Jesus as your Savior and follow Him as your Lord, God will answer your prayer to be saved. Pray a prayer like this: "Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. Please forgive me for my sins. I now trust You as my personal Savior and receive You as my Lord. Please come into my heart and save my soul from hell. Please take me to heaven when I die. Thank You for saving me, Jesus. Amen."
Now that you have decided to follow Jesus and confessed the same with your mouth, your first step is to follow Jesus in baptism and become part of a Bible-preaching church (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:47; Hebrews 10:24, 25). Church attendance and fellowship will help you grow in your understanding of how to follow Jesus every day and honor Him with your life. Serenity Free Will Baptist Church would love to help you. Please contact us if you have questions. Please let us know that you have decided to follow Jesus so we can baptize you and help you further grow in the Lord.
We believe churches are strengthened through association with churches of like practice and belief. Serenity Church is a member of the Atlantic Canada Association of Free Will Baptists.